Battery Association of Japan: The BAJ promotes research and development of batteries and battery applied products, environmental preservation, recycling, quality and performance improvement, and product safety.
The BAJ intends to promote the sound development of the battery and battery-operated products industries as well as other related industries, thus assisting the progress of industry in general while ensuring safety in and contributing to the improvement in the quality of people’s lives.
Battery Association of Japan
- Kikai Shinkokaikan Building, 3-5-8, Shiba-koen, Minato-ku, Tokyo 105-0011, Japan
The BAJ engages in the following activities to achieve its objective:
- 1. Research on batteries and battery applied products.
- 2. Promotion of activities in environmental preservation, recycling, quality and performance, and product safety relating to battery and battery applied products.
- 3. Development of applications and educational activities for batteries and battery applied products.
- 4. Human resource development relating to batteries and battery applied products.
- 5. Association and cooperation with external organizations involved with batteries and battery applied products.
- 6. A range of additional activitess required to achieve the Association’s objective other than those stated above.
Main Products of the Regular Member Companies:
Primary batteries: Zinc-carbon batteries, alkaline zinc-manganese batteries, zinc-silver oxide batteries, lithium batteries, zinc air batteries, etc.
Rechargeable batteries: Automotive lead-acid batteries, industrial-use lead-acid batteries, EV-use batteries, nickel cadmium batteries, nickel metal hydride batteries, lithium ion batteries, etc.
Battery apparatus: Various portable lights, battery applied products, etc.
Others: Various power supply systems
How to Access BAJ:
- 7 minutes walk from Kamiyacho Station (Hibiya Subway Line)
- 7 minutes walk from Onarimon Station (Mita Subway Line)
- 10 minutes walk from Daimon Station (Asakusa Subway Line, O-edo Subway Line)
- 8 minutes walk from Akabanebashi Station (O-edo Subway Line)
- 17 minutes walk from Hamamatsucho Station (JR Line, Tokyo Monorail)
- Tokyo Tower Bus Stop (City bus running between Hamamatsucho Station and
- Tokyo Tower Line, running between Hamamatsucho Station and Akabanebashi Station)
The Role of Batteries:
Batteries consist of a positive plate, a negative plate and an electrolyte, and deliver direct current electric power through a chemical reaction. When the electric power is applied externally the other way round, electric power can be stored in the battery. In addition to starting the engine of an automobile, an automotive battery also supplies power to the lights and other electric equipment and serves as a backup to controllers and other types of computerized equipment. The battery supplies power to the starter when starting the engine. When the engine is running, the alternator (generator) supplies electric power to the electric equipment, and the battery is recharged at the same time.