Year Restrictions : No Age Limit
Destination Port : Dar Es Salaam
Time of Shipment : RoRo (24-34 Days)
Vessel Schedule : RoRo (Monthly)
Shipping Line : Hoegh Autoliners
Inspection : JAAI
Shipping Ports : Used Buses from Japan are shipped to the port of Dar Es Salaam to be imported in Tanzania.
Inspection Required : JAAI Inspection is elementary for buses imported from Japan. Buses being imported to Tanzania from Japan are required to have passed the JAAI inspection. Before importing a bus from Japan, make sure the bus has taken the JAAI inspection. Along with the shipping documents, certificate of JAAI will also be sent.
Age Restrictions : There is no age limit on the import of used bus in Tanzania from Japan. However used buses of 8 years of age or more, counted from the year of manufacture are charged additional excise duty while imported in Tanzania:
- Non Utility Buses charged at the rate of 25 percent
- Utility Buses charged at the rate of 5 percent With effect from 1st July, the parliament has announced the age restriction to be 8 years instead of 10 years, beyond it dumping fess is applicable.
- The old age fees started with effect from 1st July 2014 (Commencement of new fiscal year).Importation of buses meant to be driven on public roads in Tanzania are subject to this new rule.
Documents Required :
- Bill of Lading
- Export Certificate
- Proforma Invoice
- JEVIC, QISJ
- Agent’s Authorization Letter from the importer
- Import permits from TFDA, TBS etc
Excise Duty is a duty charged on specific goods and services manufactured locally or imported on varying rates. Excise Duty on buses imported in Tanzania is charged based on cylinder capacity.
Top Selling Used Buses in Tanzania :