What are the documents required to import used cars from Japan: Importing a used car from Japan is not complicated but the importer must know the procedure and the documents required while importing any used vehicles from Japan.
Now a days Buyers can easily order the used vehicles through online from any of the exporters in Japan but they were not aware of the details like what type of documents they must ask from the dealers, as per their country import & export regulations, to avoid problems during custom clearance.
Japanese car dealers try best to guide the buyers about such required documents and they forward them immediately after the shipment of the car and some of the used automobile portals like JapanAutoPages.com are also providing such informations to help buyers.
Please check some of the basic documents importers must keep in mind while importing any used car from Japan :
- Firstly, 3 sets of original Bills of Lading.
- 2 sets of original Commercial Invoice.
- Certificate of Origin (Check if your country’s custom department require this).
- Japan Auto Appraisal Institute (JAAI) inspection certificate (Check if your country’s custom department require this).
- Japan Export Vehicle Inspection Center Col Ltd. (JEVIC) inspection certificate (Check if your country’s custom department require this).
- Air-condition De-gas certificate (Check if your country’s custom department require this).
- Vehicle’s Export Deregistration Document in original.
- Original vehicle de-registration (also referred to as “Export Certificate”) in Japanese and if required can be available in English translation.
- Certificate of Ownership History (Check if your country’s custom department require this).
- Marine Insurance Policy in original, if insurance is taken from the dealer.
- Auction Vehicle Inspection Sheet.
Every country’s custom department can modify their requirement for custom clearance documents anytime. So, it is advisable to all the importers and buyers better to contact with your country’s custom department, so that you can be updated with the latest requirement to import a used car from Japan.