How to import used forklifts from Japan?
Japan is a pioneer of automobile industry. Like other Japanese vehicles such as used cars, Buses, Trucks, Motorbikes and electronics, construction machinery and equipments are also famous across the world. Japan based forklifts have reliability and longevity as some of them work efficiently for more than 10 years or more, before they even need basic servicing. Used forklifts from Japan are available in different sizes and features to suit all types of stock and material moving works. So buying a used forklift or pallet truck is a money saver idea. From Japan every year, thousands of best quality used forklifts manual and powered are exported to all over the world. It is a wise decision to buy a second-hand forklift from Japan as one gets a good-conditioned used forklift at reasonable rates.
There are number of forklifts available for different uses such as
Electric Forklifts — For indoor use, Internal Combustion (IC) Forklifts – For outdoor use and ease of refueling, Narrow Aisle Forklifts — When space is an issue, narrow aisle forklifts, Rough Terrain Forklifts — Outdoors over uneven ground, and many more to choose from.
Things to consider while purchasing a Used forklift:
- It is important to know your requirements and decide accordingly. Compare with available models and select the best suitable as per use, fuel and price.
- Check the regulations of importing used forklift or equipments in your country.
- Now look out for a reliable and experienced used forklift exporter in Japan. It’s easy, just log on to any of the Japanese used forklift portal or used vehicle’s portal on the internet.
- Before making any deals, check the details of the exporters carefully and be sure they are genuine.
- Contact them and explain them your need in detail with the work you wish to use it for, brand and model and price you prefer. Make sure forklift is not more than five years old.
- Ask them to verify how heavily the equipment was used before it was put up for sale and that you wish to buy one not used heavily.
- Inform them that you need certificates of inspection and related documents.
- They will inform you their terms and payment details.
- Most cases they ask you to pay advance payment. Sometimes you need to pay some per cent as advance.
- They will provide you access to their stocks you can choose from many options.
- Once you choose your model and decide the bid price inform your exporter, they will bid.
- If successful, the purchase price of the vehicle at auction is forwarded to the customer along with the fees associated with it. If unsuccessful, the results of the auction are forwarded to the customer for review.
- You need to pay the balance amount within 3 -5 days.
- Exporter will do the necessary formalities and export it to your destination port.
- Exporter will send the documents to you by courier and you can get ready to take home your reliable helper for years.
If you are looking for a reliable used forklift, going with Japanese brand would be a better decision. Some well known Japan based forklift brands are Toyota, Komatsu, Nissan, Mitsubishi and many more.