Why buying a used car from Japanese auto auctions is preferred? The increase in the demand of Japanese used cars in the World, led to the popularity of Japanese auto auction. Auto Auctions were formed in Japan to make the sale and purchase of used cars and other vehicles faster and easier. Auto auction is a method of selling new, mostly used vehicles in Japan, based on auction system. Now they provide online facilities so buying used vehicle of any make or model from your home is so simple.
As per Japanese law, only dealerships holders or exporters may become members to auto auctions. The way the system is set up allows people to have access to information, but to keep the auctions orderly, only members can bid. Auction houses are mostly preferred by people for purchasing used vehicle. They have gained this stature due to the good condition of the vehicles they offer and the trust & worthiness which has been developed over the time by the auction houses among people across the globe.
Today in Japan there are over 30 well known auto auction and over 200 auto auction locations throughout Japan. Major auction hall are USS, ASNET, ARAI, Gulliver, Honda Auto Auction, Toyota Auto Auction, Nissan Auto Auction have wide network all over Japan. Buying from Auto Auction has many benefits with only one or two odd drawback, but still people prefer to choose the Auto Auction because of assured quality, details of genuine condition, step-by-step process, no experience required as your agent will guide you, proper payment and delivery terms, No fear of being cheated.
Here are the benefits along with step-by-step process of buying vehicles from Japanese auto auctions:-
Before vehicles are auctioned, they are completely inspected by the auctioneer. This inspection is accurate and fair as the reputation of Auction Hall is on stake.
- There are more that 40,000 vehicle of brands like: Toyota, Honda, Mazda, Nissan, Mitsubishi, Subaru, and Suzuki on display to choose from.
- Buyers can access the information and choose the car that holds their interest from dealer’s website.
- Buyers just have to choose the brand, model and decide the price they wish to pay to the member agent. The dealer will find number of cars as per buyer’s requirement and will do all the necessary work.
- Buyer should choose about 3-6 cars that they like. And be ready to place a bid.
- At the time of placing a bid, you need to either place a deposit of ¥100,000 to ¥200,000 or pay 100% in advance. Auction members are certified exporters or dealers so no need to worry to make payment. If a bid fails, buyer will either be refunded or given the opportunity to use this money for another bid. Bidding agent will charge a minimum of ¥1000 for a failed or successful bid; this is what is charged by the auction house to enter bidding.
- After the bid is successful, buyers have to pay the remaining balance. Depending upon using FOB, CFR / C&F, CIF or another agreement, buyer may also need to pay freight charges, marine insurance, and possibly other charges/fees.
- Once this is done, buyer will receive a purchasing agreement and invoice. Also, some exporters may want buyers to sign both and fax back copies for security reasons.
- Agent will collect the required certificates that buyers need as per their country import rules like Deregistration Certificate, Bill of Lading, Customs Invoice and send all the required documents by courier.
- When ready to ship, the car(s) will be placed onto the next available ship to reach the destination. However, it can take 1-6 weeks for car to load onto a ship depending on if the car has been deregistered yet.
With the advancement in technology, medium of auctioning is different now. So, vehicles are sent at auto auctions with the purpose of quick sale without any hassle. In order to get the vehicle of one’s specific choice with affordable prices, auctions are the correct spot.
Please see our video of Why Buy Used Cars from Japan Auction ?
If you have any doubt or query, please feel free to Contact Us any time.
I hope the above information will help buyers to choose their dream car from a reputed Auto Auction with help of a trustworthy Japan used car exporter.