What are Hybrid Cars and why they are famous nowadays?
Nowadays, Hybrid cars are very popular amongst the buyers because they are fuel-efficient and most importantly Eco friendly cars. Hybrid cars are those cars, which uses two or more distinct power sources to move the car. It uses a mix of energy sources, typically electric motors with traditional internal combustion engines. The term hybrid vehicle mainly refers to a Hybrid electric vehicle. These encompass such vehicles as the AHS2 (Chevrolet Tahoe, GMC Yukon, Chevrolet Silverado, Cadillac Escalade, and the Saturn Vue), Toyota Prius, Honda Insight, Ford Escape Hybrid. Toyota Highlander Hybrid, Toyota Camry Hybrid, Honda Civic Hybrid and others. A petroleum-electric hybrid most commonly uses internal combustion engines (generally gasoline or Diesel engines. Powered by a variety of fuels) and electric batteries to power electric motors. There are many types of petroleum-electric hybrid drive trains, from Full hybrid to Mild hybrid, which offer varying advantages and disadvantages.
Why Hybrid cars getting famous?
Hybrid cars are famous because of the technology, which is giving the extra power to the buyers, in terms of fuel efficiency, mileage, Eco friendly, etc. By next few years, almost every automobile manufacturer must be producing at least one hybrid car to compete in the automobile market. It is considered to be the future of the automobile industry. Below are some of the basic advantages of buying Hybrid cars, comparing with other conventional cars:-
- A hybrid car gives an extra mileage between 20-30 miles per gallon.
- In many cases, hybrid cars offer more performance than the gasoline engine offered in the same car.
- Hybrid cars demand less oil changes. In conventional cars oil change was required after every 3,000 miles which in case of hybrid cars are after every 5,000-6,000 miles.
- Hybrid cars help in reducing the dependency on fossil fuels which directly affects fuel prices.
- A hybrid car uses less gasoline, so it generates less pollution because most hybrid cars are running with two different types of energy to power the car, gasoline and electricity.
- Hybrid car does not rely on gasoline engine because it uses the alternative power sources like electric motor and batteries of the car. It automatically turns off the gasoline engine during the time of using these alternative sources of power.
- There are purchase incentives for Hybrid vehicle owners (varies by state).
- Still after all these charges, hybrid cars can easily be repaired by all the automotive shops for their regular maintenance.
- With the rapid developments in the technology of hybrid cars, the future of this technology looks brighter.
- Batteries of hybrid cars need not to be charged through external source because of the Regenerative Braking technology.
- Special warranties are also provided with the battery pack.
List of some best known Japanese & other Makers of Hybrid cars available in the market:-
Toyota Prius, Camry Hybrid, Highlander Hybrid, Volta, Sienna Hybrid, Hybrid X, A-BAT Concept Hybrid Pickup Truck, Nissan Altima Hybrid, Mazda Tribute Hybrid, Honda Civic Hybrid, Insight, Fit Hybrid, CR-Z Hybrid, Accord Hybrid, Mercedes ML 450 Hybrid, Mercedes S400 Blue Hybrid, BMW X6 Hybrid, BMW Active Hybrid 7.