Engine Problems in Car: You are getting late, for your office and your engine will turn over it won’t start. What could be wrong? There are many systems in your car and some of them may be critical while others are not.
Amongst all of them engine is most complex and essential system of cars. If you are using cars for your travellings than you must know what may be the reasons your car engine is not working or creating issues.
The fundamental reasons that can cause trouble to your engine are such as a bad fuel mix, lack of compression, lack of spark, overheating, noise in engine. Beyond of these there are several other reasons which may cause problems in engine.
Bad Mix Fuel:
- If your car engine gas get out of stock, in that case engine start getting air but no fuel and may create a problem.
- The air intake blocked, there will be fuel but not enough air and engine needs both.
- If the there is any issue in fuel system, supplying too much or too little fuel to mix, it will led to improper combustion.
- Impure fuel (like water in your gas tank) that makes fuel not burn.
Lack of Compression:
- If charge of air and fuel is compressed improperly, the combustion process will not take place in that way which it should be. This may be occur of these reasons mentioned below:
- If there is a leakage in a piston rings that allows air or fuel to leak past the piston during compression.
- The intake or exhaust valves are not sealing properly, again allowing a leak during compression.
- If there is a hole in the cylinder.
Engine Problems in Car: The most common “hole” in a cylinder occurs where the top of the cylinder (holding the valves and spark plug and also known as the cylinder head) attaches to the cylinder itself. Generally, the cylinder and the cylinder head bolt together with a thin gasket pressed between them to ensure a good seal. If the gasket breaks down, small holes develop between the cylinder and the cylinder head, and these holes cause leaks.
Lack of Spark:
- It is very minor and very weak reason which can be ignored:
- When wire or the spark plug leads to worn out, there will be a weak spark.
- In case if wire cut or missing, if the system that sends a spark down the wire not work properly but there no spark.
- If the spark occurs either too early or too late in the cycle the fuel will not ignite at the right time, and this can cause all sorts of problems.
Many other things can go wrong, for example:
- Firstly, if the battery is dead,engine will not start.
- Secondly, if the bearings that allow the crankshaft to turn freely are worn out, the crankshaft cannot turn so the engine cannot run.
- Thirdly, if the valves do not open and close at the right time or at all, air cannot get in and exhaust cannot get out, so the engine cannot run.
- Then, if someone sticks a potato up your tailpipe, exhaust cannot exit the cylinder so the engine will not run.
- Finally, if you run out of oil, the piston cannot move up and down freely in the cylinder, and the engine will seize.
In a properly running engine, all of these factors are within tolerance. As a driver, it important to know how to identify the engine problem cause in order to get it fixed as soon as possible.