Launch of New GR Yaris in Japan with Virtual Event: Toyota Motors celebrating the launch of the all-new Toyota GR Yaris in Japan, on sale nationwide through Toyota dealers starting from September 4, Toyota Gazoo Racing announced today that it will hold an event, called the GR Yaris Online Fes, that will display virtual images of the GR Yaris to fans, starting at 7:30 PM on September 16 (available only in Japanese). This event will communicate the ideas incorporated in the development of the Toyota GR Yaris and its development story, together with information about the GR Factory. Additionally, President Akio Toyoda, in his Morizo master driver persona, will drive the Toyota GR Yaris and offer the opportunity for a VR drive-along.
The all-new Toyota GR Yaris was born as a vehicle that anyone can drive the way they want with the peace of mind on any road in the world. The reason for this is that it incorporates lessons learned from the Toyota Gazoo Racing World Rally Team, including how to make cars that are competitive in the WRC, as well as knowledge, gleaned from evaluations given by non-Toyota professional drivers from the early stages of development.
Based on the desire of master driver Morizo to “restore the Toyota sports cars,” the new Toyota GR Yaris was created as the first Toyota vehicle developed with the reversed thought of turning a motorsports car into a production car.
The main features of the new GR Yaris are as follows:
- Firstly, the vehicle packaging with attention paid to aerodynamics, lightweight, and high rigidity.
- Secondly, the high power of a newly-developed 1.6-liter in-line three-cylinder intercooler turbo engine combined with the “GR-FOUR,” a newly-developed sports 4WD (four-wheel-drive) system, to convey power to all 4 wheels
- Finally, created from 3 distinctive models: the base “RZ,” the fun to drive “RS” (1.5-liter FF), and the competition based “RC.”
In addition, the Toyota GR Factory, an exclusive product line, has been created at the Motomachi Plant, where each sports car model has been produced, to build into cars the performance sought through development by Takumi team members.
- Target sales volume1,100 units / month
- GR Yaris Online Fes, a virtual launch commemoration event (available only in Japanese)
Date and time: September 16, 7:30 – 9:00 p.m. (scheduled)
- Dealer announcement events: September 26 (Sat.) and 27 (Sun.)
|RS||M15A-FKS (1.5-liter in-line three-cylinder)||Direct Shift-CVT||FF|
|G16E-GTS (1.6-liter in-line three-cylinder intercooler turbo)||6-speed manual transmission|
|4WD (“GR-FOUR” sports 4WD system)|
RZ: A high-output model that offers outstanding driving stability, exceptional acceleration, and the pleasing feel of a revving engine. The RZ “High performance” with even higher marginal performance is also available.
- Newly-developed compact, lightweight, and high-power G16E-GTS 1.6-liter in-line 3-cylinder inter-cooler turbo engine. An air-cooled inter-cooler with a cooling-spray function is the standard on the RZ “High performance”
- Newly-developed “GR-FOUR” sports 4WD system with a variable front and rear driving force system using a multi-plate clutch Torsen® LSD front and rear differentials are standard on the RZ “High performance”
- Have adopted an “iMT” 6-speed manual transmissions.
- Also, equipped with BBS forged aluminum wheels and Michelin Pilot Sport 4S radial tires (standard on the RZ “High performance”)
RS: A model that enables anyone to casually enjoy driving the GR Yaris.
- Firstly, M15A-FKS 1.5-liter in-line 3-cylinder Dynamic Force Engine based on the TNGA approach
- Secondly, direct Shift-CVT with additional gear for starting up and powerful and responsive performance from low to high speeds. Equipped with a 10-speed sequential shift magic paddle shifter that provides the feel of a manual.
- Then, provides low fuel consumption of 18.2 km/L in WLTC mode as well as the pleasure of using the power not just during sports driving, but at all speeds in everyday activities, and in enjoying controlling the vehicle exactly as intended.
RC: A model ideal for customization as a base model for competing in motorsports or other applications.
- Firstly, it is based on the RZ with all equipment not needed for driving eliminated. Maintains basic performance with the G16E-GTS 1.6-liter in-line 3-cylinder inter-cooler turbo engine and “GR-FOUR” sports 4WD system
- Secondly, 16-inch ventilated disc brakes adopted in consideration of the installation of small-diameter tires for rally use.
In conjunction with the launch, “GR PARTS” for customization that maximizes the appeal of the Toyota GR Yaris has also been created and launched. Thus, the extensive lineup of parts supports the pleasure of driving by those who participate in races with the Toyota GR Yaris and those who enjoy driving in everyday activities. However, the Toyota GR Parts were specially created with outside professional drivers in accordance with racing specifications. Technology for winning races has been unsparingly incorporated.
Launch of New GR Yaris in Japan with Virtual Event
If you are looking to buy Used Cars, Bus, Trucks, Machinery, Parts from Japan. We provide high-quality used vehicles directly from Japan.
Please visit our website: www.japanesecartrade.com
Check more useful blog pages: blog.japanesecartrade.com/blog