Lexus Motors unveils the new “ES” for the 1st time in the world. It is scheduled to go on sale in Japan around the fall of 2021. ES began selling with the flagship sedan Lexus LS in 1989. It is the core model of the LEXUS lineup, which has been well received by many customers around the world for its quietness, ride comfort, and spacious interior space. And has sold a total of approximately 2.65 million units in more than 80 countries and regions.
The new Lexus ES has achieved excellent quietness and further improvement of ride quality, which are the origins of Lexus, and refined the high-quality comfort. In addition, we pursued a linear response that is faithful to the driver’s intentions. Such as the comfort of seamlessly connecting deceleration, steering, and acceleration in all driving situations. Lexus’s unique method has increased the rigidity of the rear suspension member brace and improved steering stability in scenes such as high-speed lane changes.
In addition, by adopting the latest AVS that uses a new actuator for the F SPORT. Lexus has achieved both high-quality riding comfort and improved steering response by reducing the damping force and expanding the variable width. Furthermore, we have actively adopted advanced safety technologies such as the advanced Lexus Safety System +, aiming to make driving more safe and enjoyable. In addition, the design of the headlamps and front grille has been changed, and a newly developed interior color has been adopted to create a more sophisticated design.
Main features of Lexus ES
Quietness, improved ride quality and improved driving performance:
The new Lexus ES has improved quietness and ride quality, and refined high-quality comfort. In addition, Lexus pursued a linear response that is faithful to the driver’s intentions. Such as the comfort of seamlessly connecting deceleration, steering, and acceleration in all driving situations.
Uses the latest AVS solenoid :
The latest linear solenoid type AVS using a new actuator is adopted for Lexus F SPORT.
By expanding the flow path of the oil flow control valve of the hydraulic control solenoid to support low damping force, and by expanding the variable range of damping force, both high-quality riding comfort, steering response, and stability are achieved.
Improved rigidity of rear suspension member brace:
Rigidity is improved by changing the structure from a single plate to a structure that combines 2 plates. In particular, it enhances the rigidity against twisting and bending, improves the riding comfort. And realizes a more linear and driving feel at the driver’s discretion even in scenes such as high-speed lane changes.
Improved brake controllability:
1. The control constants of the electronically controlled brake system have been changed to improve the brake controllability of the new Lexus ES.
2. By changing the shape of the brake pedal pad, the range of contact with the sole of the foot has been expanded, improving the sense of stability when the pedal is depressed.
3. The bush mounting method in the brake pedal link configuration has been reviewed to improve the lateral rigidity of the pedal.
The modern evolution of the elegant design that is characteristic of Lexus ES
While improving the quality and elegance of Lexus vehicles that have been well received by customers. The exterior of Lexus ES has evolved into a modern style by changing the design of the front grille and headlamps. The interior has also adopted the newly developed interior color mauve, and has evolved into a calm and modern space. In addition, based on a human-centered way of thinking, the multimedia system has been converted to a touch display. And the switches have been concentrated around the steering wheel, pursuing operability in every detail.
The exterior design of Lexus ES
Front grill design change: The front grille adopts a mesh pattern while inheriting the Lexus ES-ness. Consists of a collection of L-shaped units that emphasize the horizontal flow. The extruded grill is emphasized to improve the texture.
Headlamp design change: The monocular lamp has been changed to a new small unit. The three-lens lamp adopts the Blade Scan TM type adaptive high beam system (AHS) to improve functionality and changes to a sharp look by adopting a new thin lamp unit.
Wheel design change: The 17-inch wheels have thicker spoke ends to emphasize the texture of the cutting brilliance. And are layered in a V shape to give a sporty impression. Also, the 18-inch wheels, which are standard equipment on the base grade, use multi-axis spokes that contrast the contrast between the cutting brilliance and the black paint, creating a luxurious feel. The 19-inch wheels exclusively for F SPORT use glossy black wheels that match the black color of the front grille, giving a firm impression.
The interior design of Lexus ES
Multimedia system: The multimedia system is converted to a touch display. Based on a human-centered idea, Lexus Motors searched for the optimum distance and angle between the driver and the display, brought the display closer by about 100 mm, and tilted the angle by about 5 ° so that the driver’s hand could reach the corner of the screen. Glass material is used for the screen to improve visibility and operability.
Ornament decoration: In addition to using walnut material that creates luxury, newly developed black and dark brown are used. The decoration of the hairline has been changed to a processing method that engraves one by one with a laser, creating a more detailed and modern atmosphere.
Evolved “Lexus Safety System +”Including, Advanced preventive safety technology of Recruitment
Lexus Motors is advancing the development of safety technology with the ultimate wish of a mobility society, “zero traffic accident casualties.” Based on the idea that it is important to develop the world’s top-level advanced safety technology faster and spread it to more cars, Lexus actively adopted the latest technology for the flagship model and applied the know-how cultivated there.
By developing popular technology based on this, we are aiming for widespread deployment to each model. The latest ES Lexus Safety System + has also evolved further with the safety technology cultivated in previous models. While maintaining the configuration of the “monocular camera + millimeter-wave radar” used in the conventional Lexus Safety System +. Lexus aims to further reduce traffic accidents and accident casualties and reduce the burden on the driver, such as emergency steering support.
Achieves additional functions and improved lane recognition performance. In addition, Lexus pursued vehicle behavior that is natural and secure for the driver when driving assistance. In addition, the cameras have been updated for both the digital outer mirror and inner mirror. The LED flicker has been significantly reduced and the image quality has been improved, achieving excellent visibility day and night.
Lexus Safety System +
1. By improving the performance of the monocular camera and millimeter-wave radar. The coverage area of ”pre-crash safety” that can detect daytime cyclists and nighttime pedestrians has been expanded. And oncoming straight-ahead vehicles coming from the front before turning right at the intersection and right It is now possible to detect crossing pedestrians coming from the front when turning left. In addition, functions such as emergency steering assistance that assists steering in the lane triggered by the driver’s steering and low-speed acceleration suppression that supports accident prevention at low speeds have been added.
2. By utilizing AI technology for lane recognition of the advanced driving support function “Lane Tracing Assist (LTA)” that supports steering so that the vehicle can drive in the center of the same lane. The range of support has been expanded to make steering smoother and less interrupted. Realized support.
3. “Radar cruise control (with all vehicle speed tracking function)” that accelerates and decelerates so that the distance to the vehicle in front is constant within the vehicle speed set on a car-only road, etc., and a curve that decelerates in advance according to the size of the curve Adopted a speed control function.
4. Blade Scan TM Adaptive High Beam System (AHS).
5. Digital outer mirror / digital inner mirror.
If you are looking to buy Japan Used Cars, Bus, Trucks, Machinery, Parts. We provide high-quality used vehicles directly from Japan.
Send us inquiry to buy Cars from Japan Auto Auctions.
Check hundreds of Trusted Japan Car Exporter at JapaneseCarTrade.com