Mr. Jagath Ramanayake born in Colombo Sri Lanka. He is the only son of Mr. KPW Ramanayake and Mrs. Nanda Ramanayke. Mr. Ramanayake has three siblings, one older sister Dr. Asoka and two younger sisters Dr. Enoka Wagaarachchi and Dharshika. His mother was a curriculum developer, and his father is a businessman. Mr. Ramanayake’s parents were the pioneering Japanese car exporters in Sri Lanka just after the economical revolution started in Sri Lanka in 1977. Later they expanded their business interests in Sri Lanka as well as overseas.
Mr. Jagath Ramanayake attended Nalanda College, Colombo. Jagath C. Ramanayake received his higher education in Japan, making him fluent in the Japanese language. He completed his tertiary education in Japan where he obtained a B.Sc course in business from the Yokohama University “Kanto Gakuin University” in 1990. Later he completed an MBA at Tokyo University of Information Sciences. His research thesis was on the Transferability of Japanese Management to Asia.
RamaDBK Ltd. is the 1st vehicle export company started in the year 1988, with a goal to dedicatedly work for the growth and strengthen business, socio-cultural relations, and co-operation between Sri Lanka and Japan. Today RamaDBK Ltd. enjoys the trust of thousands of buyers around the world. It is the oldest company established by a Sri Lankan 30 years ago in Japan and is trusted by thousands of buyers around the world. With enthusiasm, persistence, and dedicated work they are coming closer to their goal year after year.
Mr. Jagath Ramanayake has wide experience and knowledge of business and networks with visionary and influential people to bring more co-operation and support between the two nations not only in the automobile industry but in other sectors too. Organizing cultural festivals in Japan to bring people closer and appreciate each other’s culture.
Under the visionary leadership of Jagath C. Ramanayake, RamaDBK has succeeded in becoming one of the top exporters in the vehicle industry of Japan. Additionally, he has built solid relationships with customers and partners in the vehicle export industry by always focusing on the customer’s needs first. As customer satisfaction lies at the heart of RamaDBK’s operations, throughout the years they have gained a reliable reputation amongst the stakeholders of the industry.
The below list is only a glimpse of the professional experience he brings into managing RamaDBK, which only demonstrates solid credibility to anyone wishing to import a vehicle from RamaDBK.
Leadership Position (Association/Club)
- Mr. Jagath Ramanayake is the President of the Sri Lanka Business Council of Japan (SLBCJ).
- Mr. Ramanayake is the President of the following companies: RamaDBK Ltd., RamaDBK Group Ltd., Rama Shipping Ltd., Rama Travels, and Rama Online Auction System.
- Currently, he is the Director of the Board of Trustees in Lanka-Ji Temple Chiba.
- He was a Director of JUMVEA (Japan Used Motor Vehicle Exports Association).
- Mr. Ramanayake was the Director of Tokyo Bayside Language School Chiba-Japan from 2012 ~ 2017.
- Director at Ramanayake Automobiles (PVT) Ltd. Sri Lanka from 2012 ~ 2017.
- Mr. Jagath Ramanayake was the Vice-Chairman of Japan Used Motor Vehicle Exports Association (JUMVEA) from 2002 to 2012.
- Mr. Ramanayake was the Director of Vision International School from 2002 ~ 2011.
- Vice President of Sri Lanka Business Council of Japan (SLBCJ) from 2003 ~ 2007.
- Also, Vice President of USS Japan Foreign vehicle Exporter’s Association from 2000 ~ 2003.
Member of Associations/Club
- He is an Advisory Board Member of the Sri Lanka Automobile Association in Japan (SLAAJ).
- Currently, he is a Chief Advisor in Hajioji Temple.
- Chief Advisor at the Sri Lanka Students Association in Japan.
- His company Ramadbk Ltd. is a member of JUMVEA, SLBCJ, SLAAJ, SLAJ.
Mr. Jagath Ramanayake, CEO of RamaDBK company, has graduated 27 years ago from the Nalanda College in Colombo, a leading high school in Sri Lanka. Since then, he has kept a strong relationship with his alma mater and he has contributed many times to the school over the years. After entering the vehicle export business in Japan, he donated several Japanese buses to the school.
On October 25th, Nalanda College has remitted an award to Mr. Ramanayake to thank him for his support and his donations to the school. He has received the award from the hands of the principal of the College, Mr. Ranjith Jayasundara.
Wishwa Keerthi Deshabandhu Award
RAMADBK President Mr. Jagath Ramanayake receives a Prestigious “Vishwa Keerthi Deshabandu” Award from Sri Lanka which has the meaning “People who Serve The World”.
Justice of Peace for all island
Mr. Jagath Ramanayake was awarded the Justice of Peace for all island by the Sri Lanka Government in 2000.
Mr. Jagath Ramanayake Achievements
1. Dec 2017 ~ Current: Mr. Jagath Ramanayake is the President of Sri Lanka Business Council of Japan (SLBCJ) – Recognized by the Sri Lankan Embassy in Japan as an institution to promote Business between Japan and Sri Lanka, since 2007 ~2012.
2. Dec 2011 ~ 2019: He was a Director of JUMVEA (Japan Used Motor Vehicle Exports Association) – The Official and the Japanese government recognized body- since 2002~2011.
3. Dec 2017 ~ Current: Also, he is an Advisory Board Member of the Sri Lanka Automobile Association in Japan (SLAAJ). It is recognized by the Sri Lankan Embassy in Japan, A self-motivated, non-profit making social Organization that is functioning while interacting with the Embassy of Sri Lankan in Japan and the Sri Lanka Government authorities) since 2012.
4. Dec 1990 ~ Current: Mr. Ramanayake is the President of the following companies.
- RamaDBK Ltd. – Japanese Motor Vehicle Exports (https://www.ramadbk.com/)
- Rama Group Ltd. – (https://www.ramagroup.jp)
- Rama Shipping Ltd. – (https://www.ramagroup.jp/rama_shipping.php)
- Rama Travels – (https://www.ramagroup.jp/rama_travel.php)
- Rama Online Auction System – (https://www.ramagroup.jp/rama_auction.php)
5. Feb 2010 ~ Current: He is a Chief Advisor in Hajioji Temple. Hajioji Temple SoshanJi International Buddhist Centre is located in Kanagawa-ken, Yokohama.
6. Jan 2010 ~ Current: “Lanka-Ji” Temple Chiba & Director of the Board of Trustees.
7. Dec 2012 ~ Dec 2017: Mr. Ramanayake was the Director of Tokyo Bayside Language School (Kandy, Sri Lanka)- Chiba-Japan.
8. Dec 2012 ~ Dec 2017: Chief Advisor at the Sri Lanka Students Association in Japan (The recognized body by the Sri Lanka Embassy in Japan).
9. Dec 2012 ~ Dec 2017: Director at Ramanayake Automobiles (PVT) Ltd. Sri Lanka.
10. Dec 2002 ~ Dec 2011: Mr. Jagath Ramanayake was the Vice-Chairman (Sub) of Japan Used Motor Vehicle Exports Association (JUMVEA) from 2002 to 2012.
11. Dec 2002 ~ Dec 2011: Director of Vision International School (Kandy, Sri Lanka).
12. 2003 ~ 2007: Vice President of Sri Lanka Business Council of Japan (SLBCJ) from 2003 ~ 2007.
13. 2000 ~ 2003: Vice President of USS Japan Foreign vehicle Exporter’s Association (Chief Organizer of “Vehicle Exporters Association” of USS AUTO AUCTION the biggest vehicle auction) from 2000 to 2003.
Mr. Jagath Ramanayake is a keen sportsman. He captained the Rugby 1st XV – Nalanda College (1985) and “A – Division Rugby – Peterson Club” (1987-1988). He is team coach for “ALHI FOOTBALL CLUB” – Yokohama ( 2005 to date).
Also, he actively participates in all the tournaments hosted by the SLAAJ & SLBCJ like Cricket, Badminton, Bowling, etc.
Favorite Food / Drinks
Mr. Jagath Ramanayake loves to have Japanese Tempura and Green tea.
Favorite Holiday Destination
Mr. Ramanayake’s favorite holidays destinations are Australia, United Kingdom, Sri Lanka, and Japan.
Lexus LS 600 L and Tesla Model S are most favorite cars of Mr. Jagath Ramanayake
- 4 Ambulances donated to the hospitals of Sri Lanka and the Sri Lankan Army.
- A well-equipped special bus donated for Disabled soldiers at “Ranaviru Sewana”, Ragama.
- Buses donated to Nalanda College, Colombo & St. Paul’s Milagiriya Girls School.
- Mr. Jagath Ramanayake donated a mobile medical unit with X-ray and equipment to the Ministry of Lands and Land development.
- Diesel & gasoline engines and vehicle parts donated to the Vocational Training Centre, under the Ministry of Vocational Training.
- Mr. Ramanayake sponsored the “Team Sri Lanka – Motor Team” that participated at the world-renowned Bathurst 24hr motor race in Australia.
- He is helping Sri Lankan students to get accustomed to Japan and providing advice and financial support when needed.
- A well-equipped special bus donated by Mr. Ramanayake for disabled soldiers in 2007 during the Sri Lankan President’s Japan Visit. (One of the donors).
- Since 1988 has been one of the main sponsors for all national events & festivals organized by the Sri Lanka Embassy in Tokyo, Japan.
Follow Mr. Ramanayake on Social Platforms
Mr. Jagath Ramanayake’s Family
Mr. Jagath Ramanayake has three siblings, one older sister Dr. Asoka and two younger sisters Dr. Enoka Wagaarachchi and Dharshika. His mother was a curriculum developer, and his father a businessman. Jagath’s parents were the pioneering Japanese car exporters in Sri Lanka just after the economical revolution started in SL in 1977.
Later they expanded their business interests in SL as well as overseas. In 1996 Jagath married Miss Samantha Subasinghe, a solicitor. Jagath and Samantha have four children. Samantha now works as a director for the RAMA DBK in its sales division.
His Dream- Green World
Mr. Ramanayake dreams to see a Green world with trees and greenery all around which humanity has been ignoring in the development race.
Allow only fair trade and genuine vehicle trading business from Japan
Mr. Ramanayake’s motto is to allow only fair trade and genuine vehicle trading business from Japan. He has been working to fulfill his desire by uniting the used vehicle exporters of Japan in associations that can regulate the fair trade terms and quality of the vehicles exported from Japan.
He has been an imperative part of the government-recognized associations in Japan like JUMVEA, SLAAJ, SLBCJ, SLAJ, etc. which focus on fair trade policies.