Toyota Motors launches the new model of RAV4 PHEV (plug-in hybrid electric vehicle) through dealerships in Japan on June 8, 2020. Since its debut in 1994, Toyota RAV4 has pioneered the crossover SUV market and remains the market leader. The 5th-generation of Toyota RAV4 released in April 2019.
It is popular with many customers, thanks to the superior driving performance delivered by 3 types of 4WD systems, including Dynamic Torque Vectoring AWD; a design that fuses refinement with SUV-like power; spacious luggage storage; and an interior designed for convenience, making RAV4 suited to diverse situations.
The new Toyota RAV4 PHEV aims to boost the fun-to-drive appeal of Toyota RAV4, adopting the newly developed Toyota Hybrid System II. The front motor and inverter achieve a more powerful output than the RAV4 hybrid system of Toyota.
So, the combination of the new model includes high-capacity, high-output lithium-ion battery achieves maximum system output of 225 kW, facilitating sporty, powerful driving. New RAV4 also achieves a BEV driving range of 95 km, top level in its class, for greater driving pleasure in BEV mode, thus also realizing superior environmental friendliness.
|THS II Plug-in with reduction gear|
(A25A-FXS 2.5-liter Dynamic Force Engine)
The pleasure of driving, unique to PHEV
Through the installation of the newly developed THS II Plug-in system, Toyota strives for even greater driving pleasure. The new Toyota RAV4 model achieves maximum system output of 225 kW (306 PS), and maximum employment of the motor enables instantaneous acceleration and deceleration. In addition, with the assistance of the engine unique to PHEV, it achieves an acceleration from 0 – 100 kph in 6.0 seconds.
New Toyota RAV4 adopts the TGNA platform (GA-K) and is equipped with a high capacity lithium-ion battery installed under the floor in the center of the vehicle. Further, efforts were made to realize a low center of gravity and optimal weight balance. So, it achieves high-quality ride comfort focused on the driver and superior control stability.
Main specifications of THS II Plug-in with reduction gear
1. Thanks to the E-4 electric 4WD (four-wheel drive) system, the power produced by the newly developed plug-in hybrid system is fully distributed between all four wheels. In addition to achieving superior driving stability. It is a greater sense of stability when cornering, or driving in snow or rain, is enhanced.
2. It also realizes a BEV driving range of 95 km on a fully charged battery and a hybrid fuel economy of 22 km/L. So, the Toyota RAV4 gasoline tank has a capacity of 55 L and boasts an incredible cruising range of 1,300 km or more.
3. HEV (hybrid electric vehicle) driving mode, using the engine, leverages battery power to control engine revs, thereby reducing engine noise during acceleration. RAV4 provides a high-quality driving space for not only BEV but also HEV mode driving.
4. On the other hand, Toyota Motors has aimed for an even quieter motor-led driving performance and introduced careful noise reduction measures into the body. In addition to the optimal placement of sound insulation materials, the extent of dash panels and floor sound insulation has been expanded. Gaps at the joints have been carefully filled in Toyota RAV4 to prevent sound from penetrating the vehicle. Wind noise is also decreased through the use of a powerful soundproofing glass.
Enhancing the convenience, unique to PHEV
1. The new Toyota RAV4 comes with a maximum of 1,500 W (AC 100 V) external power supply function as standard equipment that is useful during blackouts and other emergencies, and for outdoor leisure activities. In addition to an accessory electrical socket in the luggage compartment of the car. It is also equipped with a vehicle power connector that can be plugged into the regular charging inlet at the rear (right) of the vehicle for use as an external power socket.
2. It offers 2 settings, either BEV or HEV external power supply mode, which can be selected according to the intended purpose. BEV mode of the vehicle only uses power from the battery, whereas HEV mode starts the engine if the remaining battery power is too low, enabling approximately three days of power supply on a full gasoline tank.
3. The Toyota RAV4 is readily able to provide regular power supplies at home or outside as a standard feature. The supplied power cable can be connected to an electrical socket for recharging. So, away from home, the PHEV (Plug-in hybrid vehicle) recharge support can be used to charge at G-stations located at around 4,200 Toyota dealers, and at around 10,800 other regular charging points across Japan.
Charging methods and time needed
|Charging method||Firstly, Regular charger (standard equipment)|
Secondly, Single-phase AC 200 V/16 A
|Single-phase 100 V/6 A|
|Time needed for charging||Approximately 5 hrs 30 mins. (full charge)||Approximately 27 hrs (full charge)|
|Requirement of electrical installation work||Required||Not required|
Refined, sporty design exclusive to RAV4 PHEV
As the leading model in the Toyota RAV4 lineup, the front perspective strongly projects an advanced, sporty image. The front grille and lower mall reveal the distinctiveness of the Toyota RAV4 PHEV. While the low center of gravity enhances the vehicle’s strong sporty appeal. Thus, special LED daylights boost advanced appearance.
However, the vehicle fitted with newly designed 19-inch Toyota RAV4 aluminum wheels. Also, the machine-cut highlight spokes and black-enameled sides bestow a refined and luxurious appearance suited to city driving.
The interior of Toyota RAV4, including ceiling, pillars, and open tray, unified with black, to emphasize the sportiness, combined with red stitching, for a luxurious finish. Also. the interior quality coordinated with red stitching on the instrument panel, door trim, seats, steering wheel, shift boots, and center console.
Thus, the synthetic leather sports seats are standard equipment for all vehicles. Finally, Black Tone and G “Z” incorporate lateral underlying tone quilting design that emphasizes the nuances. It combined with red ribbon, for a strongly luxurious appearance. For its main fabric, “G” also features a REZATEC®, combining the comfort of fabric with the high-quality appearance of leather, to enhance the sporty feel of the seats.
If you are looking to buy used Cars, Machinery, Bus, Trucks, Parts from Japan. We provide high-quality used vehicles directly from Japan.
Please visit our website: www.japanesecartrade.com
Check more useful blog pages: blog.japanesecartrade.com/blog