Toyota Rolls Out All-New Yaris Cross in Japan: The Toyota Motors announced the release of the Toyota Yaris Cross, a new-model compact SUV. Toyota Yaris Cross will be available through Toyota dealers nationwide from August 31.
However, the development of the new-gen Toyota Yaris Cross aims to pursue new value as a compact SUV car that not only offers convenience features but also carries on the nimble driving, advanced security & safety technology, and superior fuel economy features of the new Yaris series.
Specifically, as with the Toyota Yaris, the all-new Yaris Cross is Toyota’s 1st compact vehicle to adopt the TNGA platform (GA-B). Like a package that can make full use of this performance, in addition to the “condensed” design, the new model features lean, well-balanced, and refined proportions that express the robustness and presence unique to an SUV. Although a compact SUV, the Toyota Yaris Cross offers easy-to-use and uncompromising luggage room that supports the active lifestyle of its driver and passengers.
Some Important Points
A four-wheel drive (4WD) system in the new Yaris affords a seamless driving performance for a wide range of activities from urban driving to leisure activities. Also, the gasoline-powered model is loaded with functions that offer a satisfying SUV driving performance, including ‘Multi-terrain Select’ that allows the driver to choose between three modes to adjust to road surface conditions. Toyota Motors is also offering HEV models featuring the E-Four (electric 4WD system) for the first time in a compact car. Furthermore, the hybrid variant achieves a world-class, top-level fuel economy for its class (2WD, 30.8 km/L in WLTC mode) that surpasses what is the typical performance of an SUV.
(1.5-liter Dynamic Force Engine)
|1. HYBRID X|
2. HYBRID G
3. HYBRID Z
|THS II with reduction gear|
(M15A-FXE 1.5-liter Dynamic Force Engine)
1. An urbanized, refined design that incorporates a power unique to SUVs
- Based on the concept of “robust and minimalist”, “Energetic Smart” is the keyword used to describe the all-new design of the Toyota Yaris Cross. Toyota Motors pursues a design that is smart and energetic and has a proportion that is beautifully well-balanced.
- The front end presents a fearless impression, owing to a clear, 3-dimensional structure with the central front, lower front, and fender providing a strong finish.
However, there are 8 body colors in all, including the newly-developed Brass Gold Metallic that is expressive and stands out, and Silver Metallic that is more 3-dimensional than the previous silver. Also, there are also 7, two-tone color types, which give off a sense of activeness.
- Firstly, seating, steering, and shift lever among other features are optimally positioned in the new Toyota Yaris. The TFT color LCD multi-information display offers excellent visibility, and the high positioning of the meter and Display Audio (DA) and adoption of the Head-Up Display (HUD), all these features minimize the driver’s eye movements, allowing the driver to concentrate on driving (“Eyes on the Road” concept).
- Then, soft padding, made from slush molding, used at the top of the instrument panel. In addition, a new felt material extensively used for the door trim. So, all these and other factors give the cabin space a sophisticated and comfortable feel.
2. Spacious, easy-to-use luggage room with a height unique to an SUV
- When lowering the deck board, there is a luggage capacity of 390 L, which is top-class among compact SUVs. Also, the luggage room can store two suitcases (110 L) or two golf bags (9.5 inches). The luggage room of Toyota Yaris boasts both height and width, making it conducive for storing a variety of luggage.
- So, this is the 1st compact SUV by Toyota Motors to utilize the 40/20/40 split rear seat and the 60/40 split adjustable deck board.
3. Carrying on from the former Yaris, Toyota has further developed and enriched the advanced safety, security, comfort, and convenience functions
- Firstly, Toyota Safety Sense, the newest active safety package, comes as a standard feature (excluding X “B package”)
- Secondly, secondary Collision Brake (first for a Toyota compact SUV)
- Thirdly, Blind Spot Monitor (BSM)
- Finally, S-VSC with lateral wind control (first for Toyota)
If you are looking to buy Used Cars, Machinery, Bus, Trucks, Parts from Japan. We provide high-quality used vehicles directly from Japan.
Please visit our website: www.japanesecartrade.com
Check more useful blog pages: blog.japanesecartrade.com/blog